Partition tables to improve select speed?

От Bert
Тема Partition tables to improve select speed?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

We are using postgres as a datawarehouse.
We typically use very complex queries, and they seem to work very well.

We have several BIG tables. we chose to partition those tables on a specific key.

We also adapted our selects, and added a 'where' clause which helps postgres's query planner, so only one of the partition needs to be used in stead of 32.

How ever, we get some strange results. For some queries the runtime really is a lot faster. But for the runtime is a even a bit longer.

Can anyone give me insight on why that can happen?

wkr,

Bert

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Kong Man
Сообщение: Re: Writeable CTE Not Working?
От: Nei Rauni Santos
Сообщение: How to put multiples results in just one column