Re: Wal_keep_segment value too high

От Brajendra Pratap Singh
Тема Re: Wal_keep_segment value too high
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Andreas,

Actually there will be sync gap almost 3-4hours during the ETL jobs between primary and streaming replication db ,so I just want to make sure is there any affect in replication bcoz of high value of wal_keep_segments .

Second thing we have implemented pgbackrest in archive_command so archive name will generate in zipped format along with some binary so what will be the restore_command for that if we lose any wals from wal directory of primary db and how it will be applying to replication db via restore_command means is it require password less ssh between primary and replica.

Third thing is the high value of wal_keep_segment anyhow affect the checkpoint operation ,dml operation,select query or data write operation from memory to disk?

Thanks,
Brajendra

On Fri, 10 Jul, 2020, 5:44 PM Andreas Kretschmer, <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> wrote:
On 10 July 2020 10:26:25 CEST, Brajendra Pratap Singh <singh.bpratap766@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>What will happen if the wal_keep_segments value is too high ,is this

wasted disk space.

What do you want to achive?

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: invalid non-zero objectSubId for object class
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql-12 taking more time to execute the query