Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?

От Ajin Cherian
Тема Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 7:40 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 10:34 AM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 11:26 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have updated the patch to display WARNING for each of the tablesync
> > > slots during DropSubscription. As discussed, I have moved the drop
> > > slot related code towards the end in AlterSubscription_refresh. Apart
> > > from this, I have fixed one more issue in tablesync code where in
> > > after catching the exception we were not clearing the transaction
> > > state on the publisher, see changes in LogicalRepSyncTableStart. I
> > > have also fixed other comments raised by you. Additionally, I have
> > > removed the test because it was creating the same name slot as the
> > > tablesync worker and tablesync worker removed the same due to new
> > > logic in LogicalRepSyncStart. Earlier, it was not failing because of
> > > the bug in that code which I have fixed in the attached.
> > >

> > I was testing this patch. I had a table on the subscriber which had a
> > row that would cause a PK constraint
> > violation during the table copy. This is resulting in the subscriber
> > trying to rollback the table copy and failing.
> >

> I am not getting this error. I have tried by below test:

I am sorry, my above steps were not correct. I think the reason for
the failure I was seeing were some other steps I did prior to this. I
will recreate this and update you with the appropriate steps.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia

От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Improve new hash partition bound check error messages