Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [patch] upgrade slickgrid

От Matthew Kleiman
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [patch] upgrade slickgrid
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave

Have you confirmed that removing the changes we made to shorten the class names used for rows and cells doesn't affect the performance or memory utilisation of the grid?

We haven't noticed any performance issues with this upgraded version of SlickGrid, nor our other changes to the query results grid on the branch that we will be submitting soon. Do you have an example of a large table that used to cause you performance problems?

Also... would this be an appropriate time to remove the embedded libraries altogether, and move to npm/yarn installations of them?

I think that would be a great idea. Moving the vendor-ed libraries into a package manager would help us manage upgrading of libraries. The package.json file is a more standard format for managing javascript dependencies, when compared to our libraries.txt file.

Regards,
Matt

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 9:04 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hello Hackers

We upgraded SlickGrid to the latest version + 53ee34. We upgraded since we are working on some changes to the query results functionality, including improvements to column selection and shortcuts.

This SlickGrid upgrade includes a PR we wrote that simplifies some of these changes.

Please note that we are not requesting this be included in the 1.5 release.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch][RM_2400]: Columns withdefaults set to NULL when removing contents after pasting in the edit grid
От: Surinder Kumar