Re: Reindex taking forever, and 99% CPU

От Phoenix Kiula
Тема Re: Reindex taking forever, and 99% CPU
Дата
Re: Reindex taking forever, and 99% CPU  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> In your original post you said it was stopping on pg_class so now I am
> confused.

No need to be confused. The vacuum thing is a bit tricky for laymen
like myself. The "pg_class" seemed to be associated to this table.
Anyway, even before the upgrade, the vacuum was stopping at this table
and taking forever.

The question is: what now. Where can I give you information from?
IOSTAT I've already shared.

Will the work_mem settings affect the manual REINDEX that's still
running? What can I do to speed up the REINDEX? Should I change my
autovacuum settings for this table specifcally (it's the only mammoth
table in the DB, and our main one)?

Thanks.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Reindex taking forever, and 99% CPU
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Reindex taking forever, and 99% CPU