Re: SQL workflow for crash testing correctness

От Joseph Hammerman
Тема Re: SQL workflow for crash testing correctness
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good afternoon Luca,

Thanks for the response.

My goal is to maintain a write and read stream during a crash and then generate a report showing that there are no lost or duplicated writes, thereby provably keeping my HA-CP promises as I evolve my platform.

I would then like to have a crash test suite, that instruments partial and full network partitions in addition to process and machine crashes.

I'll have a look at that projects code, thank you! Please let me know if you have any other thoughts or links or anything of that nature.

Regards,
Joe Hammerman

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 11:22 AM Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 3:27 AM Joseph Hammerman
<jhammerman@squarespace.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have thoughts on how to model this? My initial thoughts were to find the serialization tests in the Postgres project core.

It's quite hard to suggest without knowing what you are trying to achieve.
I would however look for an inspiration on the test suite for
PostgreSQL-XC, if available.

Hope it helps.
Luca

От: Luca Ferrari
Сообщение: Re: SQL workflow for crash testing correctness
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: SQL workflow for crash testing correctness