Temporary table has become problematically persistent

От Ricky Ramirez
Тема Temporary table has become problematically persistent
Дата
Re: Temporary table has become problematically persistent
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

We have run into a strange situation with our database. A temporary table was created some time ago and that session has since died. However, the temporary table stuck around. It's been around long enough that postgres stopped accepting writes to prevent transaction ID wraparound. Problem is, it's a temporary table and the session that it's associated with is gone, so we cannot vacuum it nor even drop the table. We even restarted postgres and the temporary table was still there!

The table shows up in pg_class as a temporary table with zero tuples. The table replicated over to other hosts. We were able to promote a replica and then single user mode the replica and drop the offending table. I still have the original broken database available for debugging. Can I provide any additional debugging information?

Thanks,

Ricky

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: 12.2: Howto check memory-leak in worker?
От: Clifford Snow
Сообщение: Installing Postgis25_11