Re: benchmark results comparing versions 15.2 and 16

От MARK CALLAGHAN
Тема Re: benchmark results comparing versions 15.2 and 16
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 10:01 PM MARK CALLAGHAN <mdcallag@gmail.com> wrote:
I have two more runs of the benchmark in progress so we will have 3 results for each of the test cases to confirm that the small regressions are repeatable.

They get similar results. Then I tried Linux perf but the hierarchical call stacks, to be used for Flamegraph, have too many "[unknown]" entries.
I was using: ./configure --prefix=$pfx --enable-debug CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -mtune=native -flto" LDFLAGS="-flto" > o.cf.$x 2> e.cf.$x
Adding -no-omit-frame-pointer fixes the problem, so I am repeating the benchmark with that to confirm there are still regressions and then I will get flamegraphs.

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@gmail.com

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: benchmark results comparing versions 15.2 and 16
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: psql tests hangs