Re: AW: [Extern] Re: consistent postgresql snapshot

От Nick Cleaton
Тема Re: AW: [Extern] Re: consistent postgresql snapshot
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 14:48, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Zwettler Markus (OIZ)" <Markus.Zwettler@zuerich.ch> writes:
> I don't want to do use the normal backup algorithm where pg_start_backup + pg_stop_backup will fix any fractured block and I am required to have all archived logfiles, therefore.
> I want to produce an atomic consistent disk snapshot.

[ shrug... ]  You can't have that.  [snip]

The only way you could get a consistent on-disk image is to shut
the server down (being sure to do a clean not "immediate" shutdown)
and then take the snapshot.

I think you could work around that by taking a dirty snapshot, making a writable filesystem from it, waiting until you've archived enough WAL to get that to a consistent state, and then firing up a temporary postmaster on that filesystem to go through recovery and shut down cleanly.

От: alias
Сообщение: Re: Deferred constraint trigger semantics
От: Hugh Ranalli
Сообщение: Re: effects of nullifying bytea column on storage