Re: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Remove "FROM" in "DELETE FROM" when using tab-completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 3:03 PM tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 5:44 PM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> >But your patch is doing nothing to add the implementation for DELETE..
> >USING.  Basically, the tab completion support for DELETE....USING is
> >still pending right?
>
> I see, maybe I have a misunderstanding here, I thought tab completion for "DELETE....USING" means the code before it
asfollows.

> > >    else if (TailMatches("DELETE", "FROM", MatchAny))
> > >            COMPLETE_WITH("USING", "WHERE");
>
> So I just thought the tab completion support for DELETE....USING is not pending anymore.
> According to your feedback, maybe something beyond my knowledge is need to be done for DELETE....USING.

Basically, it just complete with USING, now after USING tab-completion
support is not yet there, e.g. DELETE FROM t1 USING t1 WHERE cond.
but the current code will not suggest anything after USING.

> Besides, you are right, the fix in the patch has nothing to do with the comment here.
> Patch updated to V2 with the sentence moved back. Thanks.

+1

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pg_receivewal makes a bad daemon
От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: Asynchronous Append on postgres_fdw nodes.