Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 6:32 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 31 May 2021 at 4:29 PM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I will do that sometime.
>>

>> I have changed patches as Tomas suggested and also created back patches.
>

> I missed to do the test for streaming.  I will to that tomorrow and reply back.

For streaming transactions this issue is not there. Because this
problem will only occur if the last change is *SPEC INSERT * and after
that there is no other UPDATE/INSERT change because on that change we
are resetting the toast table.  Now, if the transaction has only *SPEC
INSERT* without SPEC CONFIRM or any other INSERT/UPDATE then we will
not stream it.  And if we get any next INSERT/UPDATE then only we can
select this for stream but in that case toast will be reset.  So as of
today for streaming mode we don't have this problem.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Сообщение: Re: How to disable the autovacuum ?
От: Alexander Pyhalov
Сообщение: Re: join pushdown and issue with foreign update