Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 8:53 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 5:00 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In my previous patch mistakenly I used src_dboid instead of
> > dest_dboid.  Fixed in this version.  For destination db I have used
> > lock mode as  AccessSharedLock.  Logically if we see access wise we
> > don't want anyone else to be accessing that db but that is anyway
> > protected because it is not visible to anyone else.  So I think
> > AccessSharedLock should be correct here because we are just taking
> > this lock because we are accessing pages in shared buffers from this
> > database's relations.
>
> Here's my worked-over version of your previous patch. I haven't tried
> to incorporate your incremental patch that you just posted.

Thanks for working on the comments.  Please find the updated version
which include below changes
- Worked on the XXX comments added by you.
- Added database level lock for the target database as well.
- Used fake relcache and removed direct access to the smgr, I think it
was not really necessary in
ScanSourceDatabasePgClass() because we are using it for a very short
period of time but still I have changed it, let me know if you think
that it is unneccessary to create the fake relcache here.
- Removed extra space in createdb.c and fixed test case.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v67
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints