Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql
Дата
Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

Pavel Stehule wrote:

> Can I do review?

Of course.

I did review of last patch. I had to do small changes to run the code due last Tom's changes in psql. Updated patch is attached.

The last changes in this patch are two:

1. Remove strange server side sorting
2. Cleaning/reducing interface

Other code is +/- without changes. There was lot of discussion in this thread, I would not to repeat it.

I'll comment the changes:

@1 using server side sorting was really generic, but strange. Now, the crosstabview works without it without any significant functionality degradation.

@2 interface is minimalist - but good enough - I am thinking so it is good start point. I was able to run my examples without problems. The previous API was more comfortable - "+","-" symbols allows to specify order quickly, but without a agreement we can live without this feature. Now, a order of data is controlled fully by SQL. crosstabview does data visualization only. I have not any objection to this last design. It is reduced to minimum, but still it works well.

* All regress tests passed
* A code is well and well commented
* No new warnings or compilation issues
* Documentation is clean

I have two minor notes, can be fixed simply, if we accept this last design:

1. can be nice if documentation will contains one example
2. some regress tests

From my perspective, it is ready for commiter. Daniel solved the most big issues.

Regards

Pavel

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Aggregate
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794