Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

út 25. 2. 2020 v 14:36 odesílatel Prabhat Sahu <prabhat.sahu@enterprisedb.com> napsal:
Hi All,

Please check the below findings on GTT.
-- Scenario 1:
Under "information_schema", We are not allowed to create "temporary table", whereas we can CREATE/DROP "Global Temporary Table", is it expected ?

It is ok for me. temporary tables should be created only in proprietary schema. For GTT there is not risk of collision, so it can be created in any schema where are necessary access rights.

Pavel

postgres=# create temporary table information_schema.temp1(c1 int);
ERROR:  cannot create temporary relation in non-temporary schema
LINE 1: create temporary table information_schema.temp1(c1 int);
                               ^

postgres=# create global temporary table information_schema.temp1(c1 int);
CREATE TABLE

postgres=# drop table information_schema.temp1 ;
DROP TABLE

-- Scenario 2:
Here I am getting the same error message in both the below cases.
We may add a "global" keyword with GTT related error message.

postgres=# create global temporary table gtt1 (c1 int unique);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# create temporary table tmp1 (c1 int unique);
CREATE TABLE

postgres=# create temporary table tmp2 (c1 int references gtt1(c1) );
ERROR:  constraints on temporary tables may reference only temporary tables

postgres=# create global temporary table gtt2 (c1 int references tmp1(c1) );
ERROR:  constraints on temporary tables may reference only temporary tables

Thanks,
Prabhat Sahu

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 2:25 PM 曾文旌(义从) <wenjing.zwj@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:

2020年2月24日 下午5:44,Prabhat Sahu <prabhat.sahu@enterprisedb.com> 写道:

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 9:10 PM 曾文旌(义从) <wenjing.zwj@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:
Hi,
I have started testing the "Global temporary table" feature,
That's great, I see hope.
from "gtt_v11-pg13.patch". Below is my findings:

-- session 1:
postgres=# create global temporary table gtt1(a int);
CREATE TABLE

-- seeeion 2:
postgres=# truncate gtt1 ;
ERROR:  could not open file "base/13585/t3_16384": No such file or directory

is it expected?

Oh ,this is a bug, I fixed it.
Thanks for the patch.
I have verified the same, Now the issue is resolved with v12 patch.

Kindly confirm the below scenario:

postgres=# create global temporary table gtt1 (c1 int unique);
CREATE TABLE

postgres=# create global temporary table gtt2 (c1 int references gtt1(c1) );
ERROR:  referenced relation "gtt1" is not a global temp table

postgres=# create table tab2 (c1 int references gtt1(c1) );
ERROR:  referenced relation "gtt1" is not a global temp table

Thanks,
Prabhat Sahu

GTT supports foreign key constraints in global_temporary_table_v13-pg13.patch

Wenjing

--

With Regards,
Prabhat Kumar Sahu

От: Prabhat Sahu
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
От: tushar
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables