Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15 (typo)

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15 (typo)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> I can be wrong, but from these numbers I don't think so these sync cycles
> should to contain CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS
>
> What do you think?

Well, there is always possibility someone will create more variables
than any arbitrary limit we have tested for. But I see your point and
don't have a strong opinion about this, so let's keep it as it is :)

In this case, I afraid more about possible impacts of canceling than long operation.

It should be possible to cancel query - but you cannot to cancel followup operation like memory cleaning or other resource releasing.

The possibility to be cancelled in this cycle means rewriting  processing to be much more defensive (and slower). And although you can hypothetically cancel sync cycles, then you should to some time finish these cycles because you need to clean memory from garbage.

Regards

Pavel

ok :)

If it is an issue, then it can be easily fixed at future, but I don't think

От: Pavel Borisov
Сообщение: Re: old_snapshot_threshold bottleneck on replica
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Test failures of 100_bugs.pl