Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Provide much better wait information in pg_stat_activity.

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Provide much better wait information in pg_stat_activity.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Or ... maybe this is intentional behavior?  Now that I think about it,
> doesn't each backend cache this info the first time its transaction
> reads the data?

Your view of pg_stat_activity is supposed to hold still within a
transaction, yes.  Otherwise it'd be really painful to do any complicated
joins.  I think there may be a function to explicitly flush the cache,
if you really need to see intratransaction changes.

I understand.

This behave has impact on PL functions that try to repeated check of pg_stat_activity. But this use case is not frequent.

Thank you.

Regards

Pavel

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification