Re: plpgsql - DECLARE - cannot to use %TYPE or %ROWTYPE for composite types

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: plpgsql - DECLARE - cannot to use %TYPE or %ROWTYPE for composite types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 3/3/16 4:51 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
CREATE TABLE a(a int);
CREATE TABLE b(a a.a%TYPE)

And the people expecting the living relation between table a and table
b. So when I do ALTER a.a, then b.a should be changed. What if I drop
a.a or drop a?

So this is reason, why I don't would this feature in SQL side.

I don't buy that. plpgsql doesn't work that way, so why would this? *especially* with the %TYPE decorator.

Now, if the syntax was

CREATE TABLE b(a a.a)

then I would expect b.a to be a foreign key reference to a.

probably we are talking about different situations. It is not important, because this patch was rejected.

Regards

Pavel

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: proposal: function parse_ident
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Aggregate