Re: Where is the char and varchar length in pg_catalog for function input variables

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Where is the char and varchar length in pg_catalog for function input variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2012/9/5 Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM, jam3 <jamorton3@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have searched and searched and just cannot find the maximum lengths for
>> input variables in a function
>>
>> i.e.
>>
>> CREATE FUNCTION test(input1 char(5), input2 varchar(50))
>> RETURNS void AS
>> $$RAISE NOTICE('%,%'), $1, $2;$$
>> LANGUAGE plpgsql;
>>

>> Where do I find the 5 and the 50 it has to be somewhere I have searched
>> through
>> pg_proc
>> pg_type
>> pg_attribute (whose attlen only relates to tables)
>> pg_type
>>
>> and all possible manner of joining these tables.
>>

> Hmm. I only looked at the code and hence don't have a definite answer. But
> it seems that information is not stored anywhere. That might explain why the
> function you mentioned accepts parameters with any character length.

yes, this information is just ignored - functions drops typmods

Regards

Pavel

От: Pavan Deolasee
Сообщение: Re: Where is the char and varchar length in pg_catalog for function input variables
От: Aleksey Tsalolikhin
Сообщение: Re: postgres process got stuck in "notify interrupt waiting" status