Re: Postgres and timezones

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Postgres and timezones
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Is this of any use?

select * from pg_timezone_names where name = 'Europe/Lisbon';
    name      | abbrev | utc_offset | is_dst
---------------+--------+------------+--------
Europe/Lisbon | WET    | 00:00:00   | f

This is list of know timezones. So if you are searching "abbrev" then you can find it there.

Pavel

-Steve

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Steve Rogerson <steve.pg@yewtc.demon.co.uk> wrote:
On 20/01/16 13:27, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> Postgres doesn't store original TZ. It does recalculation to local TZ. If you
> need original TZ, you have to store it separetely.

I know and that's what I'm trying to deal with. Given I know the origin TZ  -
as in Europe/Lisbon I'm trying to determine the short name so I can store it.

I guess I'll have to use something other than pg to do it.

Steve

От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: Postgres and timezones
От: Sachin Srivastava
Сообщение: Re: Syntax error for Function