Re: PL/pgSQL: Incomplete item Allow handling of %TYPE arrays, e.g. tab.col%TYPE[]

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL: Incomplete item Allow handling of %TYPE arrays, e.g. tab.col%TYPE[]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

út 17. 10. 2023 v 3:20 odesílatel Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@yeah.net> napsal:

Attached new patch
   More explicit error messages based on type.

On 2023/10/16 18:15, Quan Zongliang wrote:

> Implement TODO item:
> PL/pgSQL
> Incomplete item Allow handling of %TYPE arrays, e.g. tab.col%TYPE[]
>
> As a first step, deal only with [], such as
> xxx.yyy%TYPE[]
> xxx%TYPE[]
>
> It can be extended to support multi-dimensional and complex syntax in
> the future.

I did some deeper check:

- I don't like too much parser's modification (I am sending alternative own implementation) - the SQL parser allows richer syntax, and for full functionality is only few lines more

- original patch doesn't solve %ROWTYPE

(2023-11-20 10:04:36) postgres=# select * from foo;
┌────┬────┐
│ a  │ b  │
╞════╪════╡
│ 10 │ 20 │
│ 30 │ 40 │
└────┴────┘
(2 rows)

(2023-11-20 10:08:29) postgres=# do $$
declare v foo%rowtype[];
begin
  v := array(select row(a,b) from foo);
  raise notice '%', v;
end;
$$;
NOTICE:  {"(10,20)","(30,40)"}
DO

- original patch doesn't solve type RECORD
the error message should be more intuitive, although the arrays of record type can be supported, but it probably needs bigger research.

(2023-11-20 10:10:34) postgres=# do $$
declare r record; v r%type[];
begin
  v := array(select row(a,b) from foo);
  raise notice '%', v;
end;
$$;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "%"
LINE 2: declare r record; v r%type[];
                             ^
CONTEXT:  invalid type name "r%type[]"

- missing documentation

- I don't like using the word "partitioned" in the regress test name "partitioned_table". It is confusing

Regards

Pavel

От: "a.rybakina"
Сообщение: Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: Why is hot_standby_feedback off by default?