Re: psql \copy hanging

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: psql \copy hanging
Дата
Список pgsql-general

út 8. 10. 2019 v 9:06 odesílatel Arnaud L. <arnaud.listes@codata.eu> napsal:
Le 07/10/2019 à 16:36, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
> So you are saying that you have not run the problematic line by itself?

It hung during last night's run.

I had modified my batch script to run the \copy commands separately,
i.e. it now reads as :
psql -h myserver -a mydb < originalscriptwithoutproblematicline.sql
psql -h myserver -a mydb < problematicline.sql

It hung at the problematic line, so during the second psql command.

I'm really at loss... I *believe* that the problem lies either in psql
or in PostgreSQL, but I really don't know what to try now.

you can write simple C application with COPY API https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/libpq-copy.html

Then you can eliminate or ensure locality of problem.

more, you can use server side copy. Superuser can read data from server file system.

Regards

Pavel

Regards
--