Re: ::date cast error

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: ::date cast error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello

> Hello,
>
> I think I might have come accross a bug.
>

> Having following table:
>

> CREATE TABLE general.materialtransaction
> (
>   type integer NOT NULL,
>   articleid integer NOT NULL,
>   date timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
>   personid integer NOT NULL,
>   note text,
>   id serial NOT NULL,
>   CONSTRAINT materialtransaction_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id),
>   CONSTRAINT fk_personid FOREIGN KEY (personid)
>       REFERENCES general.person (id) MATCH SIMPLE
>       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
> )
>

> both queries
>

> SELECT Date FROM General.MaterialTransaction WHERE Date::date =3D
> '2014-03-30'
>

> and
>

> SELECT Date FROM General.MaterialTransaction WHERE CAST(Date AS date) =3D
> '2014-03-30'
>

> work well in pgAdmin, but on only the second one works in my application
> (using C#, 4.0 .NET Framework and NpqSql). The first one emits a "syntax
> error at or near ":" error in the application. I'm using the latest
> versions of both

PostgreSQL and Npqsql.

> It is looking like Npgsql issue related to unhappy named column "date" -
it is not keyword, but it is datatype name.

> I will also let know the NpqSql team about this issue as I'm not really
> sure where the root cause might be. Maybe it is my fault, but the behavio=
ur
> seems odd to me. At this moment it is not a critical issue for me, since =
> can use the second approach, but I wanted you to know about it.

if you can help - try to write some small test case and send it to Npgsql
team, please

Important info should be in your postgresql log. The broken query should be
logged there - and should be interesting what query was sent to server.
Please, attach related part of log to your test case.

Also, since this is my first e-mail to you, I would like to thank you (the
> whole team) for all the efford you put into PostgreSQL. I'm happy that
> something like this exists!

Thank you very much, we are proud so we have happy users.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

От: Jan Stavárek
Сообщение: ::date cast error
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9776: well formed json with embedd colon ':' causes error on copy