Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

pá 14. 5. 2021 v 18:21 odesílatel Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> napsal:
On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 12:04:05PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > On May 14, 2021, at 8:35 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 09:41:42PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I think keeping the output as 'auto', and documenting that this query
> > must be run to determine if the query id is being computed:
> >
> >    SELECT query_id
> >    FROM pg_stat_activity
> >    WHERE pid = pg_backend_pid();
> >
> > is the right approach.
>
> I’d rather we added a specific function. This is not really obvious.

Well, we can document this query, add a function, or add a read-only
GUC.  I am not sure how we decide which one to use.

I though and I prefer read only GUC

It is easy to write "show all"

Pavel

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
От: Greg Nancarrow
Сообщение: Re: Parallel scan with SubTransGetTopmostTransaction assert coredump