Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: psql show index with type info

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: psql show index with type info
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: psql show index with type info  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Amos Bird <amosbird@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Stephen,
>
> Well, the prefix is used to differentiate other \d commands, like
> this,
>
> amos=# \ditv
>                       List of relations
>  Schema |        Name        |     Type     | Owner |  Table
> --------+--------------------+--------------+-------+---------
>  public | i                  | table        | amos  |
>  public | ii                 | index: gist  | amos  | i
>  public | j                  | table        | amos  |
>  public | jj                 | index: gin   | amos  | i
>  public | jp                 | index: btree | amos  | i
>  public | js                 | index: brin  | amos  | i
>  public | numbers            | table        | amos  |
>  public | numbers_mod2       | index: gin   | amos  | numbers
>  public | numbers_mod2_btree | index: btree | amos  | numbers
>  public | ts                 | table        | amos  |
> (10 rows)

The header for this table is "list of relations", so type gets
associated with relations indicated type of relation. btree: gin as a
type of relation doesn't sound really great. Instead we might want to
add another column "access method" and specify the access method used
for that relation. But then only indexes seem to have access methods
per pg_class.h.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

От: Kuntal Ghosh
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WAL Consistency checking for hash indexes
От: "Okano, Naoki"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Adding the optional clause 'AS' in CREATE TRIGGER