Re: Best partition type for billions of addresses

От Arya F
Тема Re: Best partition type for billions of addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> * Arya F (arya6000@gmail.com) wrote:
> > I need to store about 600 million rows of property addresses across
> > multiple counties. I need to have partitioning setup on the table as
> > there will be updates and inserts performed to the table frequently
> > and I want the queries to have good performance.
>
> That's not what partitioning is for, and 600m rows isn't all *that*
> many.

But I have noticed that my updates and inserts have slowed down
dramatically when I started going over about 20 million rows and the
reason was because every time it has to update the index. When I
removed the index, my insert performance stayed good no matter the
size of the table.

So I should be able to achieve good performance with just one
partition? Maybe I just need to get hardware with more memory?

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Best partition type for billions of addresses
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Best partition type for billions of addresses