Re: Postgres 9.4.5 Installation on Centos 7.3

От Sachin Srivastava
Тема Re: Postgres 9.4.5 Installation on Centos 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear Adrian,

I have initialized the database through below command through Postgres user but in my "/u01/postgres9.4/" folder pg_log folder is not available, what is the reason behind this.

-----------------------------------

-bash-4.2$ initdb -D /u01/postgres9.4/

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".
The database cluster will be initialized with locale "en_US.UTF-8".
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to "UTF8".
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".
fixing permissions on existing directory /u01/postgres9.4 ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 32MB
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /u01/postgres9.4/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... ok
initializing dependencies ... ok
creating system views ... ok
creating collations ... ok
creating conversions ... ok
creating dictionaries ... ok
setting privileges on built-in objects ... ok
creating information schema ... ok
vacuuming database template1 ... ok
copying template1 to template0 ... ok
copying template1 to postgres ... ok
WARNING: enabling "trust" authentication for local connections
You can change this by editing pg_hba.conf or using the option -A, or
--auth-local and --auth-host, the next time you run initdb.
Success. You can now start the database server using:
    postgres -D /u01/postgres9.4
or
    pg_ctl -D /u01/postgres9.4 -l logfile start
-bash-4.2$

[root@gdi-test postgres9.4]# pwd
/u01/postgres9.4
[root@gdi-test postgres9.4]# ls -ltr
total 108
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_twophase
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_tblspc
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_stat_tmp
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_stat
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_snapshots
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_serial
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_replslot
drwx------ 4 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_multixact
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_dynshmem
-rw------- 1 postgres postgres     4 Jan 29 11:39 PG_VERSION
drwx------ 4 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_logical
-rw------- 1 postgres postgres 21307 Jan 29 11:39 postgresql.conf
-rw------- 1 postgres postgres    88 Jan 29 11:39 postgresql.auto.conf
-rw------- 1 postgres postgres  1636 Jan 29 11:39 pg_ident.conf
-rw------- 1 postgres postgres  4468 Jan 29 11:39 pg_hba.conf
drwx------ 3 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_xlog
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_subtrans
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_clog
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 pg_notify
drwx------ 2 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 global
drwx------ 5 postgres postgres  4096 Jan 29 11:39 base
[root@gdi-test postgres9.4]#

Regards
SS

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 01/28/2016 08:45 PM, Sachin Srivastava wrote:
Hi,

I have to install Postgres 9.4.5 On Centos 7.2, what is the best way to
install, please suggest:

Through ./configure and make

OR

Through below link:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/YUM_Installation#Configure_your_YUM_repository

Please provide, if any other installation document.

I would say using the Yum repo. If you do the compile from source you will need to make sure you have a development tool chain in place as well as --devel libraries for the various components.

For  Postgres 9.1 version, I did postgres installation through run file
like  (postgresql-9.1.2-1-linux-x64.run), for 9.4 version there is no
run file right now.

Regards
SS

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.4.5 Installation on Centos 7.3
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.4.5 Installation on Centos 7.3