Re: tracking scripts...

От Joey Quinn
Тема Re: tracking scripts...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The queries themselves are written like so:

update ipv4_table set country='xx' where ipv4 between 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' and 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx';

There are 127k lines like that (each with a different range and the appropriate country code). Each is terminated with a semi-colon. Does that make them individual transactions in postgres or not? (postgres newbie here). Is there something else I need to do for them to be treated like separate transactions?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Rémi Cura <remi.cura@gmail.com> wrote:
Now it's too late,
but maybe you could allow to not use a single transaction ( but instead 127k transactions).4

Then at the end of every transaction you could print something in gui (print for pgscript, raise for plpgsql) or execute a command to write in a file (copy for instance).
It would also be in the log, but not so clear.

Cheers,

Rémi-C

2013/11/26 Joey Quinn <bjquinniii@gmail.com>
I have a fairly large table (4.3 billion rows) that I am running an update script on (a bit over 127 thousand individual update queries). I am using the gui. It has been running for about 24 hours now. Is there any good way to gauge progress (as in, how many of the individual update queries have finished)?