Re: Difficulties connecting pgAdmin 4.4.15 to Postgres RDS

От Gus Spier
Тема Re: Difficulties connecting pgAdmin 4.4.15 to Postgres RDS
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Thanks. I'll check the whole set up again.

Gus

On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 5:03 PM Fernando Hevia <fhevia@gmail.com> wrote:

El mié, 10 abr 2024 a la(s) 5:04 p.m., Gus Spier (gus.spier@gmail.com) escribió:
1. I am constrained to use pgAdmin 4.4.15. Upgrade is not an option
2. Conventional, command-line connection goes from my workstation, to PuTTY terminal on a "dmz", and from the dmz to an intermediate, client server. These values do establish a connection.
Every attempt to connect via pgAdmin results in an error unable to connect to server: Failed to create the SSH Tunnel. Error: Could not establish session to SSH gateway
3. I use all the values from the command line connection in the pgAdmin connection ... but the failure persists.

I fail to grasp your network setup. Are there multiple ssh tunnels involved? Maybe a diagram showing the networks, hosts and ip addresses (using placeholders like a.a.a.a, a.a.a.b suffices) will enable us to better understand the problem at hand.

Is there some unanticipated setting in RDS that prevents this pgAdmin connection?

No, there isn't to my knowledge.
The error you provided denotes that pgAdmin isn't being able to create the SSH tunnel to one of the intermediate hosts. It isn't even trying to reach the database.
You must be making some mistake along the connection route.

Regards,
Fernando.

От: Fernando Hevia
Сообщение: Re: Difficulties connecting pgAdmin 4.4.15 to Postgres RDS
От: Danielle Katz
Сообщение: [MASSMAIL]Issue accessing the pgadmin UI