Re: BUG #18007: age(timestamp, timestamp) is marked as immutable, but using age(date, date) says it's not

От Braiam
Тема Re: BUG #18007: age(timestamp, timestamp) is marked as immutable, but using age(date, date) says it's not
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #18007: age(timestamp, timestamp) is marked as immutable, but using age(date, date) says it's not  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 1:45 PM David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 10:36 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      18007
>> Logged by:          Braiam Peguero
>> Email address:      braiamp+pg@gmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 15.3
>> Operating system:   Debian
>>
>> There's no much difference between timestamp and dateT00:00:00.000, yet
>> using age(date, date)
>

> There is no "age(date, date)" function.  Only age(timestamp, timestamp)
>
>> for some reason internally doesn't type coerce
>> correctly into the appropriated types.
>

> Nope, type coercion happens before the function call, while figuring out which function signature to choose.
>

>> I remember that on a previous
>> versions (not sure if it was 14) this wasn't the case, so I would consider
>> this a regression.
>

> You haven't provided any code demonstrating what you think is incorrect.

create temporary table test (
start_date date not null,
end_date date not null
);
alter table test add column time_elapsed interval generated always as
(age(end_date, start_date)) stored;

--
Braiam

От: Braiam
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18007: age(timestamp, timestamp) is marked as immutable, but using age(date, date) says it's not
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18007: age(timestamp, timestamp) is marked as immutable, but using age(date, date) says it's not