Re: pgadmin4 for fedora 35

От richard coleman
Тема Re: pgadmin4 for fedora 35
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dave,

Good to know,

thanks,
rik.

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 8:43 AM Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 12:41 PM richard coleman <rcoleman.ascentgl@gmail.com> wrote:
Dave,

Have you ever considered using something like flatpak ( https://flatpak.org/ ) for the Linux versions of pgAdmin?  It might; make it easier to handle the many different distributions, and deal with the different release schedules of the many dependencies that pgAdmin relies upon.

Technologies like Flatpak make it significantly harder to maintain applications like pgAdmin, and for system administrators to ensure their systems are secure. This is primarily because they bundle third party libraries within the application package, which means that every time there is a security update to a library such as OpenSSL, we need to update the package we distribute, and the system administrator can't simply do a yum update or equivalent and be sure that their system is as secure as possible. It also means end users need to install a separate package management tool from the one that is native to their system.

So, whilst (if we had the resources) I wouldn't object to supporting Flatpak and similar, I would certainly not want them to replace the standard native packages as the primary offering.

Just a thought.

rik.

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 4:23 AM Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 8:11 AM toni incog <toni.incog@gmail.com> wrote:
fwiw That didn't work out. Symlinks where pointing to 3.9 though I
stopped at  Failed to exec Python script file
'/usr/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.wsgi'... ModuleNotFoundError: No module
named 'flask'

:-(.

I guess I've to practice some patience.

Yeah, unfortunately. The issue is that one of the upstream libraries we use doesn't have a release that supports Python 3.10 yet. We have all the build system etc. setup and ready to go, but until they put out a new release we're kinda stuck.

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin4 for fedora 35
От: Konrad Mattheis
Сообщение: Problems with new ['webserver'] auth