Re: What's the state of native Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) in PostgreSQL?

От richard coleman
Тема Re: What's the state of native Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) in PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: What's the state of native Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) in PostgreSQL?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Bruce,

That's a shame, we were so looking forward to it.

Can you send me a link to your blog?

Thanks,
rik.

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 2:43 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 02:32:07PM -0400, richard coleman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> There was a lot of talk about TDE being available natively in PostgreSQL 16.
> Well 16's out and I can't seem to find it anywhere.
>
> Can anyone share the current state of native TDE in PostgreSQL?

It did not get into Postgres 16 and it is unclear if it will ever be
added.  I am working on a blog entry about the current status of TDE
that should be posted in the next week on Planet Postgres and my
website.  There are some forks of Postgres that have it.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com

От: "gunnar.wagner"
Сообщение: Re: connection timeout expired
От: Murthy Nunna
Сообщение: Vacuumdb on a table