Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion

От richard coleman
Тема Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Frank,

As I've mentioned in another response I typically run pg_dump as follows:

nohup pg_dump {various settings} > something.log 2>&1 &

rik.

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 6:12 AM Frank Lanitz <frank@frank.uvena.de> wrote:
Hello,

On 01.05.23 02:18, richard coleman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working with pg_dump and one thing that's always struck me as
> strange is that there never seems to be an indication in the log that
> the pg_dump process completed successfully.

I don't think it's needed.

How are you running pg_dump? There is a return code 0 if successful or
!= 0 in case of an error.

Cheer,
Frank

От: richard coleman
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion