Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion

От richard coleman
Тема Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott,

I do use multiple processes, when I use the directory output option which is the only one that supports it.
I will admit that I haven't tried writing custom binary outputs yet, typically using either the builtin custom format or directory format.

rik.

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 10:48 AM Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
> On May 1, 2023, at 8:34 AM, richard coleman <rcoleman.ascentgl@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As I've asked Ron, if pg_dump isn't fit for purpose, then what do you believe is?

He didn't say pg_dump wasn't fit for purpose. He said use a binary format and multiple processes--which are pg_dump options.

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump why no indicator of completion