need advice to tune postgresql

От Darius Pėža
Тема need advice to tune postgresql
Дата
Re: need advice to tune postgresql  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-performance
 I have issue that update queries is slow, I need some advice how improve speed. I don't have much control to change queries. But I can change postresql server configuration

query example:

UPDATE "project_work" SET "left" = ("project_work"."left" + 2) WHERE ("project_work"."left" >= 8366)

sometimes updated lines count is up to 10k

postgresql version 9.3

postgresl.conf
max_connections = 100
shared_buffers = 6GB # min 128kB
work_mem = 100MB # min 64kB

all other values are default

server hardware
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2637 v4 @ 3.50GHz
16GB RAM
disk is HDD

about half of resource I can dedicate for postgresql server.

От: Claudio Freire
Сообщение: Re: blending fast and temp space volumes
От: MichaelDBA
Сообщение: Re: need advice to tune postgresql