Re: DISCARD ALL does not force re-planning of plpgsql functions/procedures

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: DISCARD ALL does not force re-planning of plpgsql functions/procedures
Дата
Re: DISCARD ALL does not force re-planning of plpgsql functions/procedures
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 26 May 2024 at 19:39, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hm, should it be?  That's hard-won knowledge, and I'm not sure there
> is a good reason to believe it's no longer applicable.

I think for DISCARD ALL it would probably make sense to forget this knowledge . Since that is advertised as "reset the session to its initial state". DISCARD PLANS should probably forget about it though indeed.

> Note that any change in behavior there would affect prepared
> statements in general, not only plpgsql.

DISCARD ALL already removes all prepared statements and thus their run counts, so for prepared statements there would be no difference there.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: DISCARD ALL does not force re-planning of plpgsql functions/procedures
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: DISCARD ALL does not force re-planning of plpgsql functions/procedures