Re: substring start position behavior

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: substring start position behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 at 19:01, PG Doc comments form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> I'd be happy to write up a patch as a next step -- I'm not sure this would
> count as a "trivial patch that serves an obvious need"
> (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch).

A patch that adds an example of a negative substring usage, seems useful to me.

> Only thing is, I
> can't seem to find the source repo for the docs.

The sources of the docs are simply in the regular postgres docs:
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/e1724af42c7b0bddad2785f8f7a15c4c123862b2/doc/src/sgml/func.sgml#L2786-L2796

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/docguide-toolsets.html mentions a
> configure script, but I don't know which one.

Also meson+ninja is these days faster and easier to use than the
configure script:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-meson.html

After setting up the build directory with meson you can build the docs using
ninja -C build docs

От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: substring start position behavior
От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: Ubuntu and Debian Download/Installation instructions enhancement