Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Jelte Fennema
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 at 23:01, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> And unless we're only enforcing it on master, we'd also need to make
> provisions for different versions of it on different branches, I
> think?

Only enforcing on master sounds fine to me, that's what koel is doing
too afaik. In practice this seems to be enough to solve my main issue
of having to manually remove unrelated indents when rebasing my
patches. Enforcing on different branches seems like it would add a lot
of complexity. So I'm not sure that's worth doing at this point, since
currently some committers are proposing to stop enforcing continuous
indentation because of problems with the current flow. I think we
should only enforce it on more branches once we have the flow
mastered.

> It does need a lot more
> sandboxing than what's in there now, but that's not too hard of a
> problem to solve, *if* this is what we want.

Yeah, I didn't bother with that. Since that seems very tightly coupled
with the environment that the git server is running, and I have no
clue what that environment is.

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: BRIN minmax multi - incorrect distance for infinite timestamp/date
От: Jelte Fennema
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner