Re: autoovacuum launcher process

От liam saffioti
Тема Re: autoovacuum launcher process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you a lot for your detailed explanation and guidance.
sincerely yours,
Liam

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>, 13 Eyl 2021 Pzt, 16:46 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
liam saffioti <liam.saffiotti@gmail.com> writes:
> Do you think timescaledb is causing this problem?

Seems possible.

> 2021-09-10 01:00:32.691     156668  FATAL:  cannot read pg_class without
> having selected a database
> 2021-09-10 01:00:33.356     110257  LOG:  autovacuum launcher process (PID
> 156668) exited with exit code 1

This is pretty clear evidence that some code running inside the
autovacuum launcher process tried to read a non-shared catalog, which it
cannot do because the launcher isn't connected to any specific database
within the cluster.  It is highly unlikely that anything in core Postgres
is doing that; we'd have noticed.  So I conclude that some extension code
is carelessly trying to do catalog accesses without checking to see if
it's running in a background process that doesn't support that.

Of the extensions you listed, timescaledb is perhaps the most likely to
contain such a bug; but I don't know much about hypopg, pg_partman,
pg_stat_kcache, or powa, so I can't completely rule those out.  It would
have to be an extension that sometimes acts of its own accord without
being called by a SQL command, so the list of suspects isn't all that
long.

Anyway, your first step should be to make sure you have up-to-date
versions of all those extensions.  If you do, then try filing a bug
with timescaledb.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: autoovacuum launcher process
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: PgBackRest PITR restore