Re: Is it possible to use an EVENT TRIGGER to validate a TRIGGER?

От Luís Eduardo Oliveira Lizardo
Тема Re: Is it possible to use an EVENT TRIGGER to validate a TRIGGER?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Álvaro, thanks for your reaponse.

Can you please give me a small example showing how to do this, or more hints?

Thanks in advance,

Luis Lizardo

On Jul 6, 2016 00:02, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Luís Eduardo Oliveira Lizardo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use an EVENT TRIGGER to validate a TRIGGER definition?
>
> What I want is to guarantee that the trigger is fired AFTER a STATEMENT, on
> INSERT or UPDATE but not on DELETE, like the following example:

What you can do with a C language function in 9.5 is to examine the
CreateTrigger struct and verify that it matches the conditions you want.
So, yes, it's possible, but not in plpgsql.

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: "FarjadFarid\(ChkNet\)"
Сообщение: Re: Fastest memmove in C
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Update statement results in Out of memory