Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format

От Melih Mutlu
Тема Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for your reviews.

Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu) <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com>, 12 Oca 2023 Per, 06:07 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
On Wednesday, January 11, 2023 7:45 PM Melih Mutlu <m.melihmutlu@gmail.com> wrote:
(1-1) There is no need to log the version and the query by elog here.
(1-2) Also, I suggest we can remove the server_version variable itself,
      because we have only one actual reference for it.
      There is a style that we call walrcv_server_version in the
      'if condition' directly like existing codes in fetch_remote_table_info().
(1-3) Suggestion to improve comments.
      FROM:
      /* If the publisher is v16 or later, copy in binary format.*/
      TO:
      /* If the publisher is v16 or later, copy data in the required data format. */

Forgot to remove that LOG line. Removed it now and applied other suggestions too.

I think if we change the order of this part of check like below, then
it would look more aligned with other existing test codes introduced by this patch.

Right. Changed it to make it more aligned with the rest.

Thanks,
--
Melih Mutlu
Microsoft

От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Lazy allocation of pages required for verifying FPI consistency