Re: Password entry in pgadmin3; pg_hba.conf vs .pgpass. Permissioning issue?

От Fernando Hevia
Тема Re: Password entry in pgadmin3; pg_hba.conf vs .pgpass. Permissioning issue?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Andrew Taylor <andydtaylor@gmail.com> wrote:
> [also posted to Django users Google group]
>
> Hi all,
>
> Can I bypass the need for password entry in pgadmin3 by
> changing/locating/permissioning a .pgpass files instead of modifying
> pg_hba.conf to 'trust'? pg_hba.conf currently set at md5 for
> everything.
>
> 1. I can merrily connect to the postgres server on my local ubuntu
> machine as user postgres in bash by "su postgres" then "psql".
> 2. But if I want to be able to use pgadmin 3 GUI without entering a
> password I need to do this as my user, andyt and this doesn't work (I
> did chmod 600 this file to give rw access to one owner only). This
> feels like a permissioning issue but with that chmod 600 restriction
> on pgpass I'm not sure how to progress.

pgAdmin should use ~/.pgpass in unixes. At least that is what the documentation says.

You can make a quick test: create a new server entry with user & password saved. Then check your ~/.pgpass file to see if the new server shows up.

Make sure to comply the pgpass format and permission requirements: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html

Cheers.

От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: Re: Crash on selecting schema with domain
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Password entry in pgadmin3; pg_hba.conf vs .pgpass. Permissioning issue?