In case of network issues, how long before archive_command does retries

От Koen De Groote
Тема In case of network issues, how long before archive_command does retries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've got a setup where archive_command will gzip the wal archive to a directory that is itself an NFS mount.

When connection is gone or blocked, archive_command fails after the timeout specified by the NFS mount, as expected. (for a soft mount. hard mount hangs, as expected)

However, on restoring connection, it's not clear to me how long it takes before the command is retried.

Experience says "a few minutes", but I can't find documentation on an exact algorithm.

To be clear, the question is: if archive_command fails, what are the specifics of retrying? Is there a timeout? How is that timeout defined?

Is this detailed somewhere? Perhaps in the source code? I couldn't find it in the documentation.

For detail, I'm using postgres 11, running on Ubuntu 20.

Regards,
Koen

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Who am I? Where am I connected?
От: Koen De Groote
Сообщение: Reasons for not overwriting processed wal archives?