Re: effective_cache_size on 32-bits postgres

От Rob Wultsch
Тема Re: effective_cache_size on 32-bits postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Rodrigo Barboza
<rodrigombufrj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, I am worried about the effective_cache_size.
> I run a 32-bits postgres installation on a machine with 64 bits kernel.
> Should I limit effective_cache_size to a maximum of 2.5gb?

That variables refers to fs cache, so 32 bit pg should not matter.
Shared buffers and similar variables will be another matter.

Why the heck are you running 32 bit pg on a 64 bit system? You are
almost certainly doing it wrong.

--
Rob Wultsch
wultsch@gmail.com

От: Rodrigo Barboza
Сообщение: effective_cache_size on 32-bits postgres
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: effective_cache_size on 32-bits postgres