[HACKERS] Shared Memory hash tables only at startup

От hariprasath nallasamy
Тема [HACKERS] Shared Memory hash tables only at startup
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Shared Memory hash tables only at startup  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi
  It is clear that all of the shared memory hash tables are created during startup using ShmemInitHash()

(In practice, all creations are done in the postmaster
process; child processes should always be attaching to existing tables.)

Is there any specific reason to do so or my understanding was wrong(we can create shared memory hash table at run time too?)

TIA
 harry

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Regarding B-Tree Lookup
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] logical replication syntax (was DROP SUBSCRIPTION,query cancellations and slot handling)