[GENERAL] Using Substitution Variables In PostgreSQL

От Osahon Oduware
Тема [GENERAL] Using Substitution Variables In PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Using Substitution Variables In PostgreSQL  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

I wanted to find out how to use a substitution variable in an SQL statement that would cause the user to be prompted for a value. Something similar to the ampersand (&&) in ORACLE.

For example, given the SQL statement below:
    SELECT <col1>,<col2>,<col3>
    FROM <table>
    WHERE <col5> = 35

I want the user to be prompted for the value in the WHERE (filter) clause, e.g.
    SELECT <col1>,<col2>,<col3>
    FROM <table>
    WHERE <col5> = ?

I would be glad if someone could point me in the right direction.

От: rakeshkumar464
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Force SSL connection
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Force SSL connection