Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 11:15 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I agree that this is very similar, as far as the RTEs go. What is
> dissimilar is the fact that there is hard-coded knowledge of both
> through parsing, planning, and execution. It's everything, taken
> together.
>
> ResultRelInfo has a ri_mergeTargetRTI field, which seems to be used
> instead of ri_RangeTableIndex in some contexts but not others. What
> might the interactions with something like GetInsertedColumns() and
> GetUpdatedColumns() be? Is that explained anywhere? In general, I
> think that there is potential for things to break in subtle ways.

I just realized that there were no tests added to privileges.sql. You
only have a small number of GRANT tests in merge.sql, for
relation-level privileges, not column-level privileges. IOW, this area
is totally untested.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
От: Pavan Deolasee
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11