Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 2:37 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I went with this text:
>
>         Reduce the default value of <varname><xref
>         linkend="guc-vacuum-cost-page-miss"></varname> from 10 milliseconds to 2
>         (Peter Geoghegan)
>
> I think with numbers, and the fact we are saying "decrease" havint them
> in the from/to order is best.  If this was non-numeric, like to scram
> from md5, it would make more sense to use to/from.

The point of this change was to make the cost of dirtying pages much
higher than everything else, since writes are in effect much more
expensive on modern hardware. Don't know if you need to say that.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: array_cat anycompatible change is breaking xversion upgrade tests