Re: group by true now errors with non-integer constant in GROUP BY

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: group by true now errors with non-integer constant in GROUP BY
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Sep 17, 2023 at 5:01 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> > 2. In master only, remove the special case added in #1 and allow any
> > non-integer constants to be treated as expressions.
>
> > I think #2 is a good move for the following reasons:
>
> FTR, I still think this is a bad idea.  It will add more confusion
> than it removes, and I don't buy that it will confer any advantages,
> because nobody asked for it previously.

I agree. Maintaining bug compatibility doesn't seem worth it in this instance.

David Micallef mentioned that only one query was affected. You have to
draw the line somewhere.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: "daidewei@highgo.com"
Сообщение: Re: Re: a plpgsql bug
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18123: The execution plan for the left join is incorrect, returning incorrect rows of data.