Re: Separate the attribute physical order from logical order

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Separate the attribute physical order from logical order
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 11:47 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Now you do need something that will make the three meanings different
> in order to test that step.  But I'd suggest some bit of throwaway code
> that just assigns randomly different logical and physical orders.

That seems like a good idea. Might also make sense to make the
behavior configurable via a developer-only GUC, to enable exhaustive
tests that use every possible permutation of physical/logical mappings
for a given table.

Perhaps the random behavior itself should work by selecting a value
for the GUC at various key points via a PRNG. During CREATE TABLE, for
example. This approach could make it easier to reproduce failures on the
buildfarm.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Export log_line_prefix(); useful for emit_log_hook.
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Emit extra debug message when executing extension script.