Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?
Дата
Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 4:18 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Importance order" just seems horribly subjective to me.

Alphabetical order seems objectively bad. At least to me.

> I'd be interested to know if you could tell me if SKIP_LOCKED has more
> importance than INDEX_CLEANUP, for example. If you can, it would seem
> like trying to say apples are more important than oranges, or
> vice-versa.

I don't accept your premise that the only thing that matters (or the
most important thing) is adherence to some unambiguous and consistent
order.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: allow_in_place_tablespaces vs. pg_basebackup